What is sick Sad World World ? A show in Daria
Daria is a animated show that i just loved when i was in school and even watching clips on youtube i look back and i stil love this show, thats why i have it preordered and when i do get it on dvd i will review it in another blog but this blog is to show my love for this show. There was so much i loved about this show and while i was going through highschool dealing with highschool crap and would come home in afternoon to the awesome Daria which was about “The people of Lawndale just don't get Daria Morgendorffer. She's cool with that. See, Daria was born alienated, and now she's just trying to make it through high school with as little human contact as possible. Popularity, friends, activities... whatever. Daria lacks enthusiasm, but she makes up for it with sarcasm.”
Daria is a spinoff from Beavis And Butthead (she appeard in the show) i just loved Daria because of the great episodes and the sarcasm coming out of daria mouth makes this show awesome and saying about everything around her is just awesome but then there was th awesome music they put into this show and made it awesome it added something to this show. But what really makes this show stand up over the average animated shows is the awesome characters, so here are the ones that really standout to me. You have Daria with here sarcasm And here sister Quinn who is the popular unlike her sister and doesnt want to be known as Daria’s sister. Then You have Jane who is Daria’s best friend and has the same sense like her and then there is Trent Jane’s brother who is is a music band called Mystik Spiral and Daria gets a crush on him. Kevin is jack and the football dude and is dumb he is really funy and just great to watch And my favorite teacher MR. DeMartino who is stressed to hell, you just look at him and he looks like he is going to blow he is just awesome. I Really can’t say which character is my favorite one but the 2 standouts to me are Daria And Jane they both are just awesome and rule and can be very funny even when they are talking to people or about people.
Overall this show is one i love i will defend this show and tell people to watch it for many reasons but i love the style it is animated, it looks really good and besides Beavis And Butthead its the only other MTV show i like because MTV is all about reality TV these days, i remember mtv was about good music videos and good animated shows like Daria. This show is awesome and i could sit down and watch it all day or just have it in the backgound and still love because this show has great quotes that are awesome and some awesome scenes, just everything about this show is just awesome. Also i wish Sick Sad World was a real tv show.
“I like having low self-esteem. It makes me feel special.”
Here are my 10 favorite episodes:
10. One J At A Time - Season 5 - Episode 8
- “Helen encourages Daria to invite Tom over for dinner, but Daria is reluctant to do so because she fears Jake's erratic behavior will embarrass everyone, especially after he starts obsessing over catching a squirrel that's been knocking over his garbage cans. Helen tells her that she will try to control Jake if Daria invites Tom over.” - Seeing Daria is weird but its funny at the same time and to have a dinner with a boyfriend but with her parents who are not normal all the time also with her sister and her boyfriend is going to be a crazy time and it does get crazy and there is a squirrel that gets involved in this story and its funny with the bonding with all the male only thing its missing is some jane.
Quote: “But you said Daria was really mature to be in a relationship, so if I'm not in a relationship that makes me unmature. Or "im"..?”
9. Jane’s Addition - Season 3 - Episode 13
- “Daria and Jane are assigned a multimedia computer project, which is hindered by Trent's procrastination in coming up with music for it. Meanwhile, Jane starts dating a guy, Tom, whom Daria immediately sees as a threat to her friendship with Jane--until she and Tom have a talk about it.” - I liked this episode because it introduced this new character Tom who starts Jane and seeing Daria get jelous is funny and the talk daria and trent have is awesome, there talking about something really thee talking about there feelings.
Quote: “Hey, the second set's just the stuff that's not good enough for the first. I wouldn't stay for it myself, if I weren't in the band.”
8. Dye Dye my Darling - Season 4 - Episode 13
- "Jane enlists Daria's help in dying her hair, but when the dye job turns out badly she claims that Daria did it on purpose.” - This is a really great episode to see Jane get paranoid about her relationship with Tom but in reality Daria likes Tom and how it ends id great and you know tom and daria will be dating.
Quote: “Why? Why? Because I moved to this town and I knew immediately that I'd be a total outcast, and in the one moment of good luck I've had in my entire life I met another outcast who I could really be friends with, and not feel completely alone, and then you came along and screwed the whole thing up.”
7. Lane Miserables - Season 3 - Episode 8
- “The Lane house gets a little too crowded when Jane and Trent's siblings and dad all move back home, at the same time. Unable to handle it, Jane and Trent stay with Daria's house--which puts Daria at a quandary, as she has to deal with her crush.” - Another great episode focused on Jane but this time you get to know more of family which is very interesting since you get a view where she comes from and as well as trent, but seeing Daria deal with her crush is funny as well.
Quote: “No, no, Señor Finance Minister. Necesito dinero to reopen my business. Your volcano wiped out hundreds of hand-fashioned tin picture frames and I'd like to know how your government intends to compensate me.”
6. The New Kid - Season 2 - Episode 7
- “Daria joins the yearbook staff and takes a liking to the photo editor, Ted, a strange kid who's led a sheltered life under control-freak parents.” - Funny episode and when daris and this new kid met its funny because they are 2 totally different people and seeing how this new kid live compared to Daria is just great to see.
Quote: “I told you: first date, stick to vandalism and loitering, but you always have to be different”
5. Just Add Water - Season 3 - Episode 12
-”Principal Li forces the entire school to raise funds by going on a casino cruise, on a run-down toilet of a ship. There, Quinn gets stood up by her date; Mr. DeMartino deals with his gambling addiction; and Daria and Jane try in vain to get some sleep. Eventually the ship crashes into a garbage scow; many jabs at Titanic ensue.” - another great episode and one i just because this episode had some great music in it, i remember some blink 182 in this episode and loved the titanic parody stuff that was funny and Mr. DeMartion is awesome funny in this ep some great stuff from him.
Quote: “Back to the serenity of dreamland...”
4.Esteemsters - Season 1 - Episode 2
- “On their first day at Lawndale High, Daria and Quinn have to take a mandatory psychological exam, where perky, popular Quinn passes with flying colors, while sarcastic loner Daria is forced to enroll in a self-esteem course, where she meets the equally sarcastic Jane. Meanwhile, Quinn goes to great lengths to prevent people from knowing she's related to Daria, since she thinks that it will ruin her popularity.” - First ever episode i saw and just fell in love with this show from this ep, you have daria not liking anyone and becoming friends with Jane and then there was Quinn who is the popular one being her self and not wanting anything to do with daria, its just awesome.
Quote: “Usually when I have this dream I'm wearing pink taffeta.”
3. Pierce Me - Season 2 - Episode 12
- “Trent asks Daria to help him find a birthday present for Jane, and the enraptured Daria lets him talk her into getting her navel pierced, which she later regrets. Helen, meanwhile, agrees to accompany Quinn in the ill-fated mother-daughter fashion show.” - Whenever Tent and Daris are hanging out it is always funny and thats what happens here and some interesting stuff happens.
Quote: “Don't you get it, Daria? You did something stupid for a guy. Gee, you may join the human race after all.”
2. Cafe Disaffecto - Season 1 - Episode 5
- “The school starts a fundraiser to build a student coffeehouse, and after Daria and Jane fail at selling candy bars, Daria is asked to perform on stage opening night to earn the extra credit points. She ends up reciting an anti-communist story she wrote that starts a riot and has the place closed down.” Another episode where we see Jane and Daria make of funny comments about people and seeing them going around selling candy bars is funny to see.
Quote: “I have no friends. I walk alone.”
1. Road Worrier - Season 1 - Episode 12
- “Daria and Jane head off to Alternapalooza with Jane's brother Trent and his friend Jesse. Daria finds this to be an awkward experience due to her strong attraction to Trent. The Fashion Club, meanwhile, dress "alternative" and head off to the festival, but on the way, they decide to go outlet shopping instead. Back home, Helen and Jake use their kids' absence as a chance to "spice up their marriage"” - A great episode with great music is a episode about music and another episode to see trent and daria talking to teach other and everything go wrong for daria on the way to the event.
Quote: “This is like that REM video. Except you can't read everyone's mind.”
Also i have seen the movie but can’t remember them so i will talk about them when i review the dvd.
Find Me On twitter
Thanks For Reading